Sidi Cobra Air Boots for Men and Women
- The patented and trademarked Vertebra System protects the rider’s Achilles tendon
- Thermoplastic resin ankle protection
- Bolt on (no Velcro!) replaceable, adjustable and aerodynamic nylon scuff pads on the toe
- Composite inner sole
- Removable arch support
- Nylon shin deflector plate
- Perforated Lorica outer construction for maximum air flow
- Double stitched in all high stress areas
- All bolt on parts are replaceable
- An elastic panel adjacent to the entry zipper allows a bind free zip and improved fit
- Dual compound sole
- DuPont® polymer toe shift pad
- Perforated Teflon treated nylon lining
- Replaceable shock absorbing heel cup
- Padded Achilles area
Please Note: We can ship Sidi products to US, US territory or APO/FPO addresses only (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
This model runs true to Sidi’s size conversion chart and fits about like any other Sidi street boot style. Visit our Sidi Sizing Information page for complete size conversion info (ladies can use the chart at the bottom of the page).
Sizes range from 39 Euro to 50 Euro which covers both men’s and women’s US size ranges.
Our Two Cents
The Cobra Air boots are the exact same boots as the regular Cobras, but are fully perforated for hot weather riding. Below are my comments for the Cobra boots:
The Sidi Cobra boots combine some bold looks with actual performance that strikes a very nice balance between sport, protection, and comfort. What I like best about these boots is the external armor that wraps around from the ankle bone to the back of the calf. This piece not only gives the boots a racy look, it also has been thoughtfully designed to provide great torsional stability without sacrificing front to back flexibility. The inner ankle bone is also covered with an external armor piece, and a reinforced shift pad will keep that area looking new after miles of upshifts and downshifts. Sidi’s patented Vertebra System protects the back of the leg and achilles tendon, and the area around the achilles is padded as well. The Cobra boots are constructed entirely of Lorica, a fiber weave synthetic leather that Sidi has used successfully for many years. (Fun trivia fact: “Lorica” is Latin for body armor). Other armor pieces include the replaceable toe slider, a replaceable heel cup, and a molded shin plate to protect the front of your legs. While these boots have an agressive, racy appearance, I was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable they were to walk around in. These boots would be perfect for the canyon carver who likes tearing up the twisties but needs to actually be able to walk normally once off the bike (most true race boots are pretty stiff). Take a look at the pictures we took of the Cobra boots in our studio by clicking the “View Larger Images” link above.