AGV Sport Delta Two Piece Suit (Size 40 Black/Yellow Only)
- Premium 1.3mm (body) to 1.4 mm (impact areas) full grain cowhide leather for excellent abrasion resistance
- Full 360 degree wrap around zipper connects the jacket to the pants
- Advanced Safety Seam Stitching (ASSC) throughout the suit
- Multi-Tech Stitch- Extreme abrasion and tear resistance for outside of arms, legs and back seams.
- Multi-Four Stitch- High Abrasion and tear resistance for inside of arms, legs and side of back seams
- Multi-Triple Stitch- Good abrasion and tear resistance for chest and other normally non-impact or abrasion areas
- Accordion leather-spandex stretch panels located at the back shoulders, above the knees, elbows, lower back area and by the neck for maximum mobility and comfort
- Aramid stretch material located inside arms, back knee and crotch area for great mobility and comfort
- Metal screened air induction vents on each shoulder with perforated leather panels exhausting air behind the arms
- Two upper front and side-back zip open vents
- CE approved protection on shoulders, elbows and shins/knees for maximum safety EN 1621-level 1
- 6mm thick memory foam back pad
- Additional rubber padding placed on the ribs and upper arm areas
- Fixed micro mesh antibacterial lining throughout the suit
- Moisture wicking neoprene around the collar for maximum rider comfort
- Pre-curved arms for a perfect look, fit and for maximum riding comfort
- YKK zippers with long pullers throughout the suit
- Two-way main chest zipper
- Durable adjustable and replaceable nylon knee sliders
- Two front hand warmer pockets with zipper closures and one small inside pocket
- Ready for Forcefield Back Insert Size 001 (optional accessory)
Please Note: We cannot ship AGV Sports products to Canada, Italy or Russia (per manufacturer’s restrictions).
Check out these similar products:
We tried on and measured three suits across the range of sizes in three models which are new for 2014… the Bullet One Piece, Delta Two Piece and the Podium One Piece. All three have about the same fit… they fit about one size smaller than the stated chest size, but accurate as compared to AGV’s size chart (below). I’d advise you to measure your chest and belly and compare them to the chart to make a selection. For most, it will mean buying one size larger than you might otherwise choose.
The average height person won’t have an issue finding a fit in any of these styles. The one piece suits fit a bit shorter than the two piece model. Max height on the one piece suit will be around 5’9” in the smaller size ranges, 5’11” in the medium size ranges and about 6’1” in the largest sizes. If you are one or two inches taller than this, then you’ll probably get a better fit in the two piece model. Overall, the fit in terms of height for these suits is about what you’d find with many other race suits.
Here is AGV’s fit chart:
|Size||Chest (in)||Waist (in)||Sleeve (in)||Inseam (in)|
|40||39.5 – 40.5||33 – 34||24.5||32|
|42||41 – 42||34.5 – 35.5||25||32|
|44||42 – 43||36 – 37||25.5||32.5|
|46||44 – 45||37.5 – 38.5||26||32.5|
|48||46 – 47||39 – 40||26||33|
|50||47.5 – 48.5||41 – 42||26.5||33.5|
|52||49 – 50||42.5 – 43.5||27||34|
Note on Inseam: The ACTUAL inseam on a suit like this will be 2 or 3 inches shorter than normal pants or jeans you buy. The pant legs tuck into boots and are only made to reach to the top of your foot. The inseam lengths in the table are longer than the actual inseam lengths on the suits. I’m not sure why they’d even list them other than to perhaps give you a frame of reference if you were comparing to jeans, I dunno. Actually they are pretty useless, so just ignore them.
Our Two Cents
The Delta two piece race suit can be a very versatile piece of gear for somebody who does sport riding and may also do amateur track days. Since the jacket and pants can be separated the jacket can be worn alone without the pants or together as a suit. You’ll no doubt want to use the jacket for street use without the pants, and for times when you want the race protection of the entire suit, you’ve got it without having to buy another jacket or suit. Also if you use the suit and jacket together on the street, you can always pull off the jacket while you’re stopped (something that doesn’t work so well with a one piece). Two piece suits are also easier to get on and off – I often need the help of a buddy to get out of a one piece, but a two piece suit is built more “upright” and fits more like a jacket and pants rather than a one piece suit which is more “pre-curved” and snug. For protection this suit comes with CE approved armor in the shoulders, elbows and knees (all of this is removable). Knee sliders are also included, so that is one less thing you have to buy to get started. Stretch panels are found at the lower back, above the knee, behind the elbows, under the arms, and at the sides of the jacket for comfort. In addition, Aramid fabric is used at the inner arms and crotch, which really helps to cut down on excess material bunching up at the joints. This Delta suit does does have a fair amount of venting… two small shoulder zip vents along with two fixed intake vent “scoops” on the shoulders along with some perforated panels under each arm. Its not a ton of venting, but more than many two piece suits provide. I’d recommend this suit for cold weather (thermal undies will help a lot) up to mild to warmish weather… but not hot weather. The suit is lined with the normal nylon mesh. The main jacket zipper and the pants connection zipper in the Delta suit are both large nylon zippers, the pants zipper goes 3/4 around the circumference of the waist (bullets from AGV say “360 degree”, but not quite). We’ve put together a full set of close-up pics to show you all the features… just click the “View Larger Images” link above. This Delta suit is one of many permutations of the standard two piece suit by AGV, and each version is slightly improved as compared to the last, but the basic good value and versatility remain the same. :: Paul, 07-14-14