Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit Chain With NY Disc Lock
- Chain Features: 11mm six-sided, hexagonal chain links
- Chain links constructed of triple heat-treated boron manganese steel for ultimate strength
- Unique shape of chain defies bolt cutters, saws, chisels, hammers and files
- Narrow inner width of individual links prevents leverage attacks
- Durable, protective nylon cover
- Lock Features: 1/2” (13mm) hardened Kryptonium steel shackle resists bolt cutters and leverage attacks
- Improved disc lock has “Pik-Safe” anti-pick and drill resistant disc style cylinder
- Hardened steel sleeve over crossbar provides double security protection
- Double dead-bolt locking mechanism for maximum holding power
- Three keys (one lighted for nighttime use!)
- Lifetime key registration and key replacement available (see Kryptonite for details)
- Two chain sizes available – Prices vary by size:
Our Two Cents
The Kryptonite locks were designed for urban areas and high theft danger areas. For the ultimate security use a combination of a chain style lock as well as a disc style lock. Kryptonite claims the unique shape of the chain makes it difficult to get proper access for bolt cutters to work, we thought we would test this out. Click the “View Larger Pictures” link to see the bolt cutter test. The Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit Chain With NY Disc Lock has Three keys one of which is lighted for night time use! No doubt this is one of the best chain style locks you can get, Kryptonite gives this lock a security rating of 12.
Note: ALWAYS remove your lock before riding!