Interphone F5S Bluetooth Communication System Single Pack
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Software can be updated from a PC
- Talk time: 12 hours
- Stand by time: Up to 700 hours
- Charging time: 3 hours
- Compatible with models in the Interphone F product line
- Voice control of functions/Text to speech (TTS) – Identifies incoming calls by voice for numbers that are stored in the users phone
- Hi-Fi speakers
- Noise suppressed mic
- Automatic volume control with AGC technology
- Lithium Ion battery
- IP67 waterproof with certified documentation
- Easy installation on full face, modular/flip up front, and open face 3/4 style helmets
- CE, FCC, IC Bluetooth certifications
- One year manufacturers warranty
- Communicate with other Interphone F5S users
- Mobile (also through GPS Bluetooth)
- GPS Bluetooth navigator
- Stereo music with A2DP profile and AVRCP control
- Wired connection to devices equipped with a 3.5mm jack
- Earset and hands free profiles
- A2DP/AVRCP profile for MP3 equipped Smartphones
- Voice activated call/answer/call rejection commands
- Last number redialing
- Compatible with most GPS Bluetooth navigators
- Instructions for navigating with GPS
- Using a GPS as an audio source? Read this
- Conference among 2 users on 2 motorcycles up to 1.300 km
- Conference among 3 users on 3 motorcycles up to 1.600 km
- Conference among 4 users on 4 motorcycles up to 1.800 km
- Conference among 5 users on 5 motorcycles up to 2.000 km
- Conference among 6 users on 6 motorcycles up to 2.400 km
Please review the Interphone F5S intercom range chart for a visual explanation
- Tuning range: 88 Mhz to 108 Mhz
- 8 station memory
- Automatic muting when phone call is received
- (1) F5S Main Module
- (1) Stereo headset with detachable speaker connector
- (1) Detachable boom mic (full face, modular/flip up front, and open face 3/4 style helmets)
- (1) Detachable wired/corded mic (full face helmets only)
- (1) 3M adhesive slide support
- (1) Clamp mount
- (1) DC Wall charger
- (1) USB cable (for charging and software upgrades)
- (1) 3.5mm audio cable
- (1) Installation materials/tools
- (1) Instruction manual
Read on for more details.
Our Two Cents
The Interphone F5S Bluetooth Communication System has many advanced features. The frustration of hearing mysterious beep tones has been eliminated with the Text to Speech (TTS) feature of the F5S. TTS gives audible voice indications when the system connects, disconnects, music plays or pauses, and when a phone call is incoming. The TTS feature will also tell you who is calling so you can avoid answering the call if desired. Bluetooth 3.0 technology gives the F5S the longest battery life of any Bluetooth system to date.
The F5S features a host of audio options. The Hi-Fi stereo speakers provide great sound quality for music and intercom. Each F5S kit includes a 3.5mm audio cable for connection to non-Bluetooth audio devices. A2DP stereo Bluetooth allows high quality music streams from your stereo Bluetooth device to the F5S. Using a GPS as an audio source? Read this.
The remote control profile allows you to control playback remotely from the F5S (with notifications from the headset TTS system). Music functionality is further expanded with the F5’s built in FM radio. Also an industry first is the handlebar remote, which will allow control of the headset without ever having to take hands off the handlebars (handlebar remote sold separately).
The F5S features the most advanced phone options available. Incoming and outgoing calls can be controlled by voice, incoming calls are also announced as the F5S can read caller information, so there are no surprises when you answer (for stored phone numbers). Multipoint technology also allows two phones to be connected simultaneously (if you have a business and personal line). Advanced DSP algorithms in the F5S combined with the best noise cancellation software available, has made the F5S the highest quality Bluetooth system that money can buy.
Pair riders together using the “daisy chain” method (the instructions/user guider will go over this) rider 1 pairs to rider 2 and then rider 2 pairs to rider 3, etc… As mentioned in the bullet points above, the Interphone F5S is capable of pairing up to 6 F5S’s on separate motorcycles (in full duplex conference mode, everyone can hear each other and contribute to the conversation) which extends intercom range over 1 mile, this is where it gets a little confusing. Be sure to review the Interphone F5S intercom range chart for a visual explanation of this, it does a better job of explaining it than I do.
During testing the Interphone F5S performed excellent and the ability to pair up to 6 F5S’s on separate motorcycles in full duplex conference mode was great. What we noticed is that once you have paired more than 4 F5S’s on separate motorcycles, it becomes very important that the riders with the “hub units” (the riders with the “hub units” is determined during the pairing process and the instructions/user guider will go over this) do not slip out of the range of communication. When 6 F5S’s were paired together (on separate motorcycles), and pairing was lost due to a “hub unit” getting out of range, all 6 riders had to get together, power down the F5S’s and pair them again which is not a big deal but worth mentioning. When 4 or less F5S’s were paired together, losing the connection due to “hub units getting out of range happened less frequently. Overall pairing 6 F5S’s worked great as long as the users pay attention to their distance. No other brand of Bluetooth Communication System is capable of pairing this many riders on separate motorcycles in full duplex conference mode.