Nelson Rigg CL-1040 Expandable Sport Tail Bag
The mounting kits for this bag are sold separately
4 mounting options available
- Constructed of Top quality UV-treated Tri-Max® Ballistic Nylon
- Triple Threat Mounting System (mounting kits sold separately)
- Dual mounting capability (mounting kits sold separately)
- Highly reflective webbing
- Non slip/non scratch mounting base
- Lined interior
- Fully expandable main compartment can accommodate most full face helmets
- Expandable side pockets
- Maintains shape when empty
- Fail safe heavy duty zippers with pull tabs
- Reinforced carrying handle
- Adjustable shoulder strap included
- 100% waterproof rainstorm cover included
- Nelson Rigg’s lifetime no hassle warranty
- Mounting instructions
- Triple Threat Mounting System video
- Tips for choosing the right luggage
- Dual mounting feature video
Check out these similar products:
- Main compartment dimensions: 14.00”(L) x 13.00”(W) x 10.00”(H)
- Main compartment expanded dimensions: 14.00”(L) x 13.00”(W) x 13.00”(H)
- Capacity: 29.83 Liters or 38.78 Liters when expanded
Our Two Cents
Nelson Rigg advertises the CL-1040 as a tank or tail bag. While it’s true that the Triple Threat Mounting System on the bag means it could be mounted as a tank bag if you purchased one of the tank bag mounting kits, but I can’t think of a motorcycle that you could a bag this wide on without it preventing the rider from even getting close to full lockout in the turning radius. If you need a tail bag that has a good amount of storage capacity with the ability to expand while still looking sporty, this is a great choice. If you want a large tank bag, check out the Nelson Rigg CL-1030.
This bag has dual mounting capability; connect it directly to Nelson Rigg saddlebags creating a functional and convenient luggage system. All mounting kits are sold separately, check out the options.
The Triple Threat Mounting System is by far the most functional mounting system on the market today. The quick release buckles on the bag that attach to the mounting kit you choose are multi directional, providing endless possibilities for positioning the mounting kit in the best location for the tail section it’s being mounted on. Be sure to check out the Triple Threat Mounting System video.
When expanded, we were able to fit the multi day package inside and a leather jacket with elbow, shoulder and back armor as well!
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
Very happy with this luggage. As you can see it fits the Can-Am Spyder RS perfectly!!! Side note: This bag was attached to the seat using the Triple Threat Mounting Kit "Strap Mount" model number STP-MT-40.
I recently got an FZ6 as a summer ride. With my girl coming out this summer to ride with me weekend trips are on the agenda so some touring luggage was needed. After doing the research Nelson Rigg was where it was at. (Read more...)