Chase Harper 5400 CR2 Tail Trunk
- 1000 Denier Cordura construction
- 3M Reflective Rear Strip
- Integrated adjustable bungee mounting system
- Internal pocket with key bob
- New silent zippers and New zipper Technology which is less abrasive
- Maintains shape when empty
- Non slip/non scratch rubberized backing
- Adjustable bungee net on exterior of main compartment lid
- Soft webbing handle
- Shoulder strap included
- Backed by the Chase Harper 100% Unconditional Lifetime Warranty (Best warranty in the motorcycle industry!)
Check out these similar products:
- Dimensions: 15.00”(L) x 11.00”(W) x 6.00”(H)
Our Two Cents
This tail bag’s shape looks great on sportbikes, the material is heavy duty and it will maintain it’s shape when empty. The adjustable bungee mounting system stores in hideaway pockets when not in use and the adjustable bungee net on the exterior of the lid is a nice feature also. In my opinion the capacity is not as roomy as the comments from Chase Harper lead you to believe. This tail bag will hold a pair of shoes, or one change of clothes, but that’s about it. See comments from Chase Harper below.
When you start traveling and doing overnighters on a sportbike you have to carry more stuff than normal. You have a choices. There’s tank bags like the CR2, probably a good enough size for overnighters maybe up to two nights. You could also ride with a backpack, but you know how lame that makes you feel right?
No? well it looks lame, how’s that? You could even invest in generic tail trunks and saddle bags – we make those too. But if you are concerned with function, form and style then this is it. The CR2 Tail trunk is matched to the CR2 tank bag and saddlebags. The tailtrunk is designed to hold enough stuff for a few days travel. It’s large enough to carry street clothes, including shoes. You can use it alone or with the saddle bags. either way you will have room to safely and securely carry what you need and probably a little bit more.